[QGIS-Developer] Problem reading project file

Jörg Höttges hoettges at fh-aachen.de
Fri May 5 06:47:47 PDT 2017

Hi,

in a QGIS-plugin I need to read a template project file (*.qgs), modify it to adapt it to the currently loaded database
etc. using xml.etree.ElementTree, write it and read it again.

    qgsxml.write(projectfile)                       # writemodified project file

    project = QgsProject.instance()
    project.read(QFileInfo(projectfile))         # read the new project file

    projectfilecontains the name of the new *.qgs projectfile

First attempt is successful, the second fails (groups are loaded but there are no layers), third attempt is successful,
fourth fails and so on...

Everything works fine when I use the menu "project > new" before starting the plugin.

Have i done something wrong?

Best wishes

Jörg

FH Aachen