[QGIS-Developer] Per Project Python custom expressions in QGIS 3.0?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 8 06:13:25 PDT 2017

Hi,

My recent custom Python expressions I developed. clearly belong to a
specific project and can't be used in the context of a different project
- because they rely on the presence of specific data layers.

Question: could we introduce "per project" custom Python expresssions in
QGIS 3.0 as opposed to per user ones? The idea would be to store them in
the project file. This would make the deployment of the project much
easier, as I wouldn't have to also distribute the expression functions
to the users who want to use this specific project.

Thanks for your feedback/discussion,

Andreas