[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] Processing: gdal_calc generates Python.exe has stopped working on Windows

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Thu May 11 05:15:53 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Even Rouault has proposed a solution to fix the issue:

```

The issue can be more simply reproduced when just doing "from osgeo
import gdalnumeric" and exiting the Python console.

This doesn't look like a fundamental flow of GDAL on Windows, since when
using miniconda, or when building myself GDAL (with VS 2010 express, 64
bit), I don't have this issue.

For the record, my build recipee for the python bindings

  * install Python 2.7.12 64bit
  * pip install numpy ==> install numpy 1.11.2
  * set DISTUTILS_USE_SDK=1
  * set MSSdk=1
  * cd gdal/swig/python
  * python setup.py build

```
Do you think the QGIS package for Windows could be fixed with this ?

Thanks,
René-Luc D'Hont