[QGIS-Developer] Postgis loading using COPY instead of INSERTS?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon May 15 02:23:04 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I realized that QGIS only loads datasets to Postgres using INSERT commands,
which is very slow for big tables, and could propose to use COPY commands
with a parameter to choose how many rows are sent in each bulk COPY
command. (see [0])

I tested drag and drop in browser and dbmanager (in 2.18.7 and master) and
 couldn't find anything about that in the issues or the code base.

Did I miss something? Is there someone working in that area?

Thanks for your lights

Régis

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/populate.html