[QGIS-Developer] Displaying CRS in the spatial bookmarks

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:00:25 PDT 2017

On 16 May 2017 at 20:32, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> when spatial bookmark created along with coordinates it also store
> CRS. But instead
> of human-readable format (e.g. EPSG code) an internal SRS ID is used,
> see [0]. Is
> this intentionally? Should we store EPSG code instead?
>
> [0] https://issues.qgis.org/issues/14393

It's not intentional - it's just a result of using QSqlTableModel to
show the bookmarks which is displaying the internal values in that
column (the SRS ID). I looked into fixing this a while ago, but it's
not a straightforward change. I think a lot of refactoring needs to
occur with bookmarks, specifically moving the bookmarks database
handling to core and have only the model/view in app. I've seen a lot
of fragile plugin code floating around which directly reads the
bookmarks database because this functionality isn't directly available
in the API at the moment....

Nyall