[QGIS-Developer] processing =output boolean workaround ?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:49:24 PDT 2017

On May 18, 2017 7:37 PM, "Nyall Dawson" <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 14 May 2017 at 22:09, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:
> For use in models it is sometimes useful to generate a boolean output
from a
> processing script. Since boolean is not available as output, what would
be a
> good workaround ?
> I am simply using string as output type:
> output=str(False)
> but then the receiving script has to work a bit on that input and it is
> awkward to type 'True' if the input script is used standalone.
>
> Of course, the real question is why boolean is not offered as output type
?
> To me it would be useful.

I suspect there's no reason apart from that no-one has had the need
until now and accordingly no-one has coded this feature.

A PR would be very welcome! (after the upcoming outputs->c++ work lands)

In fact, I took a look at the Python code and found that it would be
probably possible to implement following the code for the number type, in a
few places in the processing code. I think the models provider may not need
changes.

Since I am not very proficient in c++, it will probably more efficient for
me to stick to somewhat awkward workarounds. But I will take a look.

(I would like to use Travis as much as possible. Is it possible to avoid
building locally altogether ?)