[QGIS-Developer] geocoders in processing

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri May 19 23:19:42 PDT 2017

Hi Richard,

I think this is possible. Processing already supports string and coordinates
as parameters, so it should be relatively easy to pass address represented
by string parameter and get a point vectro layer with location or pass
coordinates and return either string or vector layer with new column, containing
address.

> Hi List,
>
> /me wondering if geocoder-providers should/could be used in processing.
>
> Currently I cannot find an example, but it was earlier proposed by
> someone in my geocoder QEP, see [0]
>
> I'm hoping that QGIS could maybe come up with a reusable gui for using
> such processing geocoder  providers....
>
> Any idea's of what kind of api/input/output to use for that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>
> [0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/64

Alexander Bruy