[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Composer Rewrite and Layout Engine crowdfund – half way there!

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun May 21 23:33:51 PDT 2017

Hi all,

If you’ve been following North Road's blog posts, you’ll be aware that
we are currently running a crowd funding campaign to extend the
capabilities of QGIS’ print composer. You can read full details about
this over at the campaign page
(https://north-road.com/2017/04/26/qgis-composer-rewrite-and-layout-engine-crowdfund-launched/)

The good news is that we’ve just hit the mid way point of the funds!
Many generous backers have stepped up with contributions and we’re
well on the way to reaching the funding goal. However, we still need
your help make this work a reality.

Right now, what we need most is interested users and community members
who will reach out to their local QGIS users and seek more backing for
the campaign. We need to publicise the campaign beyond the regular
online QGIS community, to the thousands of enterprises and
organisations which rely on QGIS for their daily mapping operations.
We need community members who can get in contact with these
organisations and help convince them that investing back into the open
source software they utilise is beneficial (and often will even SAVE
them money in the long run, due to the increased productivity that
changes like our composer improvements will bring!).

So, while social media reshares have been vital to reaching the
current stage, we now need more “hands on” helpers who will take this
on. If you know of any organisations which depend on QGIS for their
mapping outputs, now’s the time to get in contact with them directly
and advise them of this campaign!

Thanks in advance,
Nyall