[QGIS-Developer] New MapTools for Circle, ellipse, regular polygon

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun May 21 23:40:45 PDT 2017

On 22-05-17 01:09, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On 20 May 2017 at 04:16, L.Bartoletti <lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like, if I have time, to add the GUI for the classes I recently
>> added (Circle, ellipse, regular polygon).
> Great news - I've long wanted a simple way to draw circles (and if I
> can add a feature request - rectangles too!). Thanks for all your
> recent work implementing the base components of this in the c++
> classes.
>
>> Where do you think the buttons
>> must go?
>>
>> - DigitizeToolBar
>> - AdvancedDigitizeToolBar
>> - A new toolbar (which name?)
> +1 ... but no good ideas for names, sorry. "Feature construction toolbar"?

As a side note: we have already 2 editbars (advanced+default), we could
'just add' these to current default one. And not adding a full toolbar,
but one of those little dropdown buttons? As I do not think you will
switch between types a lot during a digitizing session? (plz correct me
if I'm wrong).

GUI-wise: we collect a lot of edit tools already. Somebody has an idea
to keep this all tidy and clear?

I was thinking if all the edit tools maybe should become a 'panel'
instead of a toolbar? On which you have some presets/checkboxes to have
either 'simple' edits, 'advanced', 'cad', 'shapes'.
Maybe the labeling buttons could be added to that panel too?

Regards,

Richard