[QGIS-Developer] Split QGIS Server into it's own repo?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon May 22 06:24:48 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm starting to wonder if we need to split up the code base into different
> repos for the different sub projects?
>
> At the moment I think it would be best for QGIS Server to live in it's own
> repo mainly because it means the development process and cycle can be
> different to desktop if that is needed.

That's exactly what I would *not* like to see.

I think that the server developers (I'm not talking about myself: I did
nothing but reviewing and a few minor API refactorings) has been very
(re)active lately.

What is exactly the problem that you are trying to solve with this proposal?

Are you proposing to also split desktop app from core and make three repos ?

> It's not a huge deal but thought I would throw out the idea anyway.
>
> - Nathan

Regards.

--
Alessandro Pasotti