[QGIS-Developer] "Affected version" field on redmine

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue May 23 02:35:52 PDT 2017

While chasing a regression issue [1] I'm finding the
"Affected Version" field not useful in finding what's the
version which introduced a regression.

When the bug was originally filed (7 months ago) the "Affected Version"
field was set to "2.16.1", which I guess was the version tested by the
reporter, who reported this was a regression in "2.16" (2.14 working
fine), and the "Target Version" was set to "2.16".

4 months later the "Target Version" field value was removed
by Jean-Gabriel JGH. Shortly after Giovanni set "Target Version"
to "2.18" and changed "Affected Version" from "2.16.1" to "2.18.4",
effectively loosing the information about the oldest known
affected version.

[1] https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15463

May I suggest we use "Affected Version" field to list the
"oldest known affected version" ? The fact that 2.16 is not
maintained anymore could still be encoded in the "Target Version"
(ie: milestone).

What do you think about that approach ? Or do you have better
suggestions ?

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html