[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3D Grant

Syd Visser sydv at sjgeophysics.com
Tue May 23 07:41:31 PDT 2017

I have a question on the 3D that was proposed in the grant for the use
with QT 3D. Am i wrong to think this is really oriented towards what
some people call 2.5D (terrain model as shown in the proposal example)
or will there be support for 3D that will be able to display 3D meshes
or volumes like those available in Grass and display in programs such as
NVIZ and Paraview or more advanced commercial software. As geophysicists
we are always trying to look at things under the ground not on top.

thanks

Syd

--

*Syd (Sipke) Visser, P.Geo.*