[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] [Qgis-developer] Are there plans to create a unique "Add layer" tool?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed May 24 05:29:06 PDT 2017

Hi,

a quick update:

I've prepared a PR with a working prototype in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4629, I need some feed-back and some
help, expecially UX/UI about if we want it as a dockable dialog too (and
how to make it user-configurable).

Feed-back welcome (but please keep it limited in scope to phase 1).

Cheers

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> On 19-05-17 01:23, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> > On this note - I've recently discovered the need for some type of
> > reusable layer selection widget which allows choice of existing
> > layers/loading new layers from the file system/loading new layers from
> > available db/online connections. This would be extremely valuable for
> > processing too!
> >
> > So I'm really glad to hear that you'll be pushing ahead with this work
> > - thanks Boundless!
>
> Yep, and thanks Alessandro for the screenie. Makes me want more!
>
> @Nyall in Essen the talk was to start with what Alessandro wrote in his
> email, so 1 dialog 'merging' all buttons/widgets/dialogs into one, reuse
> as much as possible. So it was possible to get it into 3.0
>
> Off course people (.../me) started brainstorming about features which
> w/could be added too :-)
>
> Your idea adds (I think) to the idea to make some kind of
> 'datamanagement-console' in near future, where you can create/copy
> data(!), move data around (browser part) or delete it.
> Your note fits in this isn't it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Alessandro Pasotti