[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS: Convert 25 meters to layer crs?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sun May 28 11:16:19 PDT 2017

Hi Magnus,

As I understand you are writing a script that should perform a 25m
buffer on any user layer?

I think you should never buffer unprojected layers. So blocking the
process and telling the user to transform the data to an appropriate
projection would be best in my opinion.

If you really want your script to be user friendly, you could find the
most suitable utm zone for the dataset, project, buffer and reproject.

Good luck,
Raymond

BTW, at the equator 25m is about 0.000225 degrees, because 360 degrees /
40.000.000 meters * 25.
But I did not tell you this. ;)