[QGIS-Developer] Export layer with measures

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:56:08 PDT 2017

On 29 May 2017 at 21:35, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to export a vector layer with measures (LineStringM) to
> Shapefile and PostGIS in QGIS3, neither works.
>
> Shapefile: there is only 'include z dimension' but no 'include m
> dimension' and no PolylineM in SHPT options in save as dialog. The
> layer is exported without M.

What GDAL version? You need GDAL >= 2.1 for M values in shapefiles to
work. I think if you've got a source layer with m values and save to
shp with GDAL 2.1 it should just work. That checkbox for "include z
dimension" will add z dimension to an existing 2d layer, but it
shouldn't be required if your layer already has a z dimension.

We probably should add a "include m values" option as well (if
supported gdal version is present) for consistency.

Nyall