[QGIS-Developer] QGIS master branch fails make install on macOS 10.12.6

David Marteau dmarteau at 3liz.com
Fri Oct 6 04:59:30 PDT 2017

Hi

Try to define the environment variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/plugins/platforms (it may depends on how is your qt5 installation - this path is ok for Macport installation)

According to my experience (see https://www.3liz.com/blog/rldhont/index.php?post/2017/06/01/How-to-build-qgis-on-OSX-with-MacPort) : If this variable is not defined then QGIS will crash at startup.