[QGIS-Developer] QGIS master branch fails make install on macOS 10.12.6

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Oct 11 09:40:42 PDT 2017

Hi Joel,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Joel Buckley <qgis at spam.joelbuckley.com.au
> wrote:

> To close the loop on this, the problem was that though qscintilla2 was
> installed on my system (OS X), it was not called simply
> 'libqscintilla2.dylib' in /usr/local/lib.
>
> The fix is:
> $ cd /usr/local/lib
> $ ln -s libqscintilla2_qt5.dylib libqscintilla2.dylib

You should avoid this, as the symlink ends up spoofing that library's Qt4
naming convention. Better to make sure the FindQScintilla.cmake module
properly locates the name (which doesn't have any issues with finding it
here on macOS 10.11.6 using Homebrew).

Try adding libqscintilla2_qt5 to QSCINTILLA_LIBRARY_NAMES in:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/cmake/FindQScintilla.cmake

and see if that helps.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota
Boundless Desktop and QGIS Support/Development
Boundless Spatial - http://boundlessgeo.com
lshaffer at boundlessgeo.com