[QGIS-Developer] Moving qgsnativealgorithms to analysis lib?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:28:56 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Just after some opinions on whether or not the native c++ processing
algorithm implementations (qgsnativealgorithms.cpp/.h) should
ultimately reside in core or analysis.

Up till 3.0 analysis has been a bit of a funny library, since it mixed
up the logic for the analysis methods with their ui interface
(requiring progress dialogs and the like). So it kind of sat above
both core and gui, but below app.

That's all been cleaned up now for 3.0, so analysis no longer has any
use of gui methods. Now it could potentially sit just above the core
library, and be used in non-gui situations like qgis server and
qfield. Accordingly, I think it's the right place for these c++
processing algorithms to ultimately sit.

But I don't want to restrict ourselves by doing this...

So, qfield and qgis server maintainers: would moving these
implementations to analysis prevent you from using them in future? Do
you have issues with linking in analysis to your applications?

Nyall