[QGIS-Developer] Plugin [1346] Geodesic Densifier approval notification.

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 06:34:36 PDT 2017

I have not looked at this code, but from the description this tool is the
same as ShapeTools "Line to Geodesic Line" tool. Additionally ShapeTools
has a polygon to geodesic polygon tool which is a geodesic polygon
densifier tool. Perhaps I could have better named them to avoid confusion.

I have been thinking of renaming "Shape Tools" to "Geodesic Tools" because
it is focused on everything Geodesic. It doesn't really matter to me who is
developing what, but we probably shouldn't be duplicating efforts. It also
doesn't matter to me if there is some large organization who wants to take
on Geodesic tool work. I would be happy to merge Shape Tools into something
larger. What is important is that the functionality is there and those who
are maintaining it are committed to actively working on it and keeping it
up to date.

If anyone is doing anything with geodesic tools I would like to know about
it. It would be much better to work together than to work separately and
duplicate the same tools. I am currently working with Victor to make Shape
Tools work with processing. I am also working on a geodesic line measuring
tool and have been contemplating a suite of interactive geodesic shape
drawing tools. If anyone is also interested in this please let me know.

For the community, is there any problem with renaming "Shape Tools"
to"Geodesic Tools?" I think that would better clarify what it is about.

Thanks,

Calvin Hamilton