[QGIS-Developer] Development / HiDPI / Linux

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 07:54:48 PDT 2017

Hi Matthias

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> So apart from a rant for the mess by GUI frameworks and window managers,
> there's also a question: did anyone succeed to set things up properly?

I have a HiDPI laptop as well and my experience is quite similar to
Nyall's. I am using KDE as the desktop environment instead of Gnome.
Had to do some tweaks here and there and some glitches are still there
in some apps. Over a couple of system upgrades the situation is
getting slowly better.

Still the super crisp text is worth the trouble :-)

Cheers
Martin