[QGIS-Developer] Measurement weirdness

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 09:07:44 PDT 2017

Recently I had to verify some measurements and I decided to test QGIS
master for this. Aside from facing various issues with the Measurement
options dropdowns [1] I noticed thar OTF has disappeared, so I suppose that
measurements are always done on the ellipsoid of the project CRS, unless a
non-projected SR has been chosen, right?
I did some tests on 3003 and 3857, both with the measurement tool and the
$length function, and I got weird behavious and incorrect results (compared
to QGIS 2.18 and some truth sources).

Is the measurement machinery considered stable and ready for release, or is
it under active development?

All the best,
Giovanni

[1] https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17296