[QGIS-Developer] Is PySpatiaLite needed for QGIS v3?

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Oct 24 03:31:03 PDT 2017

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:46:16 +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> On Tue, 24. Oct 2017 at 08:59:07 +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:
>> con.enable_load_extension(True)
>> con.execute("SELECT load_extension('mod_spatialite')")
>
> Are there instructions how to build mod_spatialite with MSVC?  IIRC
> last time I
> checked I couldn't only find some for mingw.

Hi Jürgen,

the current development version (4.5.0) supports the following
Makefiles specifically intended for MSVC:
- makefile.vc
- makefile64.vc
- makefile_mod.vc
- makefile_mod64.vc

the first two will create the standard libspatialite, and
the second two will create mod_spatialite (the *64.vc
makefiles are intended for the 64 bit compiler).

you can download such MSVC makefiles directly from the
Fossil repository:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/dir?ci=tip

adapting the MSVC makefiles to previous versions shouldn't
be too much difficult (you'll probably have to just remove
few C sources introduced by 4.5.0)

bye Sandro