[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Meeting #20 : 20-25 February 2018, Madeira

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Oct 29 15:08:00 PDT 2017

Hi All

We have a confirmed venue for the next QGIS get together - it is in Madeira from the 20-25 February 2018. If you plan on attending please head over to the wiki page and register your intention to be there:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018

Please also note that this time we are going to try to be a little more organised for helping newcomers, so I have added sections to the wiki page for ‘Mentor streams’ - I have nominally added 4 streams but if you would like to host more please add a new section to the wiki page. If you are interested in attending one of the streams, please add your name to the appropriate section.

Lene will no doubt provide you with more details (via the wiki)  as we get closer to the event as will Duarte and Sara (our local organisers in Madeira).

Another important thing to note is that the cost of attending will be higher than usual given the more removed location and that we do not have very cheap accommodation available. If you intend on requesting travel assistance for the event, please fill out our new form <https://goo.gl/forms/YKm5fo7ll5GfQEJI3> as soon as possible. Also be aware that funds are limited so we may not be able to cover everyone’s costs or all costs completely - applications will be taken on merit with priority given to active contributors to the QGIS project.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Madeira!

Regards

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair