[QGIS-Developer] Docker build timeout

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 22:50:37 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> For a few commits, docker is now timing out to build QGIS within 4 hours.
>> I would like to be able to save ccache data for the build in a remote
>> location.
>> Sadly docker does not support git LFS.
>> Do we have any storage available (any server or AWS)?
>>

> ​I gave up trying to build on docker hub because it is pretty unreliable
> (even when it isn't timing out). If anyone can set up a git hook on one of
> our servers (or we could add one) we can trigger the builds on our own
> machine and then docker push them into hub....
>
> Regards
>
> Tim​

We also gave up building on docker hub for the same reason. Our setup is
currently a Vagrant that runs on AWS and builds the docker, the final
docker is then pushed to docker hub.
Building on a large AMI takes 40 minutes and since the instance is just
running once a day for 40 minutes and switched off right after the build,
it's pretty cheap.

I believe that QGIS.org could sustain the price if that's a viable solution.

Cheers.

>> Cheers,
>> Denis

> ------------------------------
>>
> Tim Sutton
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>  * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it