[QGIS-Developer] Should 'Topological coloring' not end with a colored map?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 13 02:28:30 PDT 2017

In the Processing Toolbox there is a 'Topological coloring' algorithm
now.

My first run, ended up with an output layer 'Colored' styled in one
color green.
Tried to fiddle some with the paramers, then tried other data, and
then...
Read the help text and saw that it is generating a 'color_id'/index
which is to be used then to create a Categorized style on it.

Question: should this not just be the end product of this algorithm?
Given it is named 'Coloring' and the output is 'Colored'?

Or is there an argument to NOT do it?

Else: what about just creating a Categorized style with random colors to
see the result?

I can try to add it myself, I'm just wondering if there is a special
reason to NOT add it (other then: takes time :-) )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde