[QGIS-Developer] [WIP] GRASS Processing port to new API

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:15:24 PDT 2017

On 16 September 2017 at 17:35, Médéric Ribreux
<mederic.ribreux at medspx.fr> wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> just a simple mail to tell you that I am currently working on QGIS3
> Processing port of GRASS plugin.
> You can read the code in my forked QGIS git repository:
> https://github.com/medspx/QGIS/tree/ProcessingPortGrass72
>
> For the moment, about 50% of the job is done:
> - I have used the new QgsProcessing framework for parameters (I have used
> modifications of processing/parameters.py made by Nyall in the SAGA port).
> - I have modified description files according to this new framework.
> - I can launch most of the algorithms for rasters and vectors (and some
> imagery).
> - I have also worked on improving layers management (importing/exporting
> into/from temporary GRASS DB).
>
> I still need to work on the following points:
> - Adapt and factorize ext/ scripts to the new framework.
> - Multiformat support for vector and rasters.
> - A better support for OutputFiles (HTML and text files).
> - Add new GRASS7.2 algorithms (less than a dozen).
> - Verify all description files to support the new parameters introduced into
> GRASS7.2.
> - Port and improve unit tests.
> - Try to fix all bugs linked to unicode support under MS-Windows.
>
> I am going offline for the next 3 weeks and I think I'll be able to make a
> (decent) PR at the end of this period of time.
>
> I really hope that QGIS3 will have GRASS Processing in its first release...

Wow - tremendous work!

Please please don't hesitate to contact me if you need assistance with
the porting or have any questions regarding the new API. There's also
a good chance we may need to make changes/additions to the c++ API to
handle your work - if so, let me know and we can address :)

Nyall