[QGIS-Developer] Refactor fields processing algorithm

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:08:59 PDT 2017

On 20 September 2017 at 19:57, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is about QGIS master.
>
> The refactor fields processing algorithm, when opened manually in the
> toolbox, has an option to run the algorithm only on selected features.
>
> However, when the same algorithm is included in a model, this option "only
> selected features" is not available anymore.
>
> Is there a workaround? How would I run this algorithm in the model only with
> the selected features? In QGIS 2x there was a processing option to always
> run processing with selected features only - but this option is now gone in
> QGIS master.

Make sure your model uses "feature source" input, not a "vector layer"
input. "Vector layer" inputs should only be used in limited
circumstances now (specifically - when the model uses algorithms which
require a layer, such as those which modify a layer in place or those
which make a selection on a layer).

Nyall