[QGIS-Developer] Refactor fields processing algorithm and expressions

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 20 05:29:54 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am running into troubles using expressions in the "Refactor fields"
processing provider.

E.g. I have a date field and would like to reformat it in german format:

format_date("erfassungsdatum",'dd.MM.yyyy')

Although I am 100% certain that the above expression is syntactically
correct, the expression builder insists that the expression is invalid
and I can therefore not apply and save this expression.

Is this a known limitation because the model does not know which layer
it is tied to?

Are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

Andreas