[QGIS-Developer] refactor fields doesn't accept expressions

Niccolò Marchi sciurusurbanus at hotmail.it
Wed Sep 20 15:58:23 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I’m using ‘refactor fields’ in the modeler.

Once I’ve loaded the fields from a shp and then added some new ones, I’m not able to add a formula (e.g. ‘to_int(substr("MM_GG", 1,2))’ ) to the latter ones because it’s recognised as wrong in the Expression dialog. Furthermore, the Expression dialog doesn’t recognise any field in the label ‘Fields and values’ and simply shows ‘NULL’.
BTW, if I write the formula directly in the box without using the expression dialog and then run the model, it works smoothly.
Are those intended behaviours?

i just updated from 2.18.11 to .13 .

all the best,

Niccolò