[QGIS-Developer] project properties menu item: move it?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Sep 21 03:52:13 PDT 2017

I would prefer it as well, if Linux/KDE would have it in the project
menu.

I had a brief look at it with Nyall in Nodebo - somehow someone (some
years back) claimed, that KDE had it in the HIG (human interface
guideline) that everything settings related should be in the settings
menu.

But I think it creates more harm than that it helps.

Andreas

On 2017-09-21 12:35, Nathan Woodrow wrote:

> Please move it for every OS.  There is no reason this needs to be in the settings menu for different systems.
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> It depends on the OS.
>
> As to my knowledge, Linux with KDE is the only platform where the project properties are in the settings menu, whereas Windows, OSX and Linux with Gnome all have it in the project menu.
>
> When I teach QGIS I always have to say people that on my machine (Linux/KDE) the project properties are in the settings menu, while on 99% of the other machines it is in the project menu.
>
> It is indeeed VERY, VERY annoying, that KDE behaves different in this respect.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2017-09-21 11:57, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
> What do you think about moving the project properties menu item from the settings menu to the project menu?
>
> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it [1]

Links: