[QGIS-Developer] Simultaneous v2 and v3 versions of plugins

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Mon Apr 2 04:33:32 PDT 2018

Yes, QGIS always gets the highest version number matching its compatibility range.

E.g. if TomBio tools 2.8.0 are for qgisMinimumVersion=2.8, and TomBio tools 2.9.0 are
for qgisMinimumVersion=3.0, then the latter is the newest, but is only available for
QGISes meeting the >= 3.0 requirement.

Btw. there is also a second reason the former is not available for QGIS 3 at all: its
qgisMaximumVersion is by default assumed to be x.98 (where x is taken from the
minVersion), what completely isolates the compatibility ranges.

Regards,
Borys