[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] QGIS 3 Print Composer - Page Properties

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:16:06 PDT 2018

On 3 April 2018 at 07:06, Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.)
<carlo.bertelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest to provide the same interface as version 2 calling this "default
> page size" and explaining that every page could get a different size,
> right-clicking on the page. Most users make one-page maps and they would
> never need this otherwise vital feature.

I've thought long on this. I'm reasonably convinced it's a short-term
issue as people adjust there 2.x workflows to 3.0.

There's two approaches I can see working to mitigate it:

1. Add a "pages panel", which allows you to pick from existing pages
(e.g. via a drop-down combo box) and then set the properties for that
page. It could also have the actions for adding new pages and deleting
existing pages there too.

and/or

2. Add a "new layout wizard", which shows when you create a new print
layout. This would prompt users to set the page size before the layout
is actually created. It could potentially replace the existing layout
manager approach to creating layouts from a template, e.g. by showing
a nice list of available templates via thumbnail graphics.

Unfortunately both approaches aren't trivial, and would require some
hours to implement.

Nyall