[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-community-team] Is releasing QGIS Documentation still in the plan?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:37:33 PDT 2018

I think we need to put this conversation at least in the devs list, not
everybody is in this community list, so we probably end up talking to
ourselves (which may still happen, since Docs aren't sexy).

I don't think we will be able to do the documentation only with volunteers.
We will need to professionalize it. We need to pay people to write
documentation, and even to review it.

Unfortunately, even having money to spend, it seems difficult to get people
that are free to do it...

It's very frustrating to write lots of documentation, and then get stuck by
the lack of reviews. I know Harrissou is in that position. I would suggest
that, if after a period of time, the PR has no reviews at all, its owner is
free to merge it. I know it's not ideal but is better than having outdated
documentation while someones updates are in standby forever.

BTW, it's on my TODO list to update the documentation video, focusing on
the github approach. ut I don't know when I will have time for that.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo