[QGIS-Developer] Legend layer customization missing

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:09:52 PDT 2018

HI Nyall,

> This option was dropped. The rationale was that we cannot have options
> for every user interface setting like this or the interface becomes
> just a daunting mess! Either bold names is good, and they should be
> used in all installs, or they aren't needed.
>
>> , capitalize...)
>
> This is a bit controversial - during 3.0 development the setting was
> made default for a while, and the option dropped. But there was
> push-back after this and the on-by-default change was reverted, and
> the setting was moved to the advanced settings page only.

I perfectly understand the need to avoid every user case options..

still wondering if this options can be added only in the advanced
settings dialog (so there it should not result in a messed up UI). But
as said, I don't know if this can bring to coding issues.

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers

Matteo