[QGIS-Developer] Graphics toolset on Macs

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 25 04:52:08 PDT 2018

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know about this one, I'll add it to the next installer upadate.  I verified that this does enable Graphics.

For now, you can install plotly with pip:

sudo pip3 install plotly

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 3:39 AM, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> these tools depend on the 3rd party Python package called "plotly".
> So if this package is not available in the system, they will not be loaded.
>
> BTW, it is exactly the same behaviour as in QGIS 2.x, the only difference
> is that in QGIS 2.x they depends on matplotlib.
>
> Hope this helps

>> I am not a Mac user but a client just pointed out that in QGIS 3 the new
>> Graphics toolset isn't in the Processing Toolbox on Mac installs. Is this a
>> known issue?

>> Kurt Menke, GISP
>> Bird’s Eye View
>> 3016 Santa Clara Ave SE
>> Albuquerque, NM 87106

> Alexander Bruy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin