[QGIS-Developer] Question on FGDB support for "Save As" / "Export"

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 2 01:21:55 PDT 2018

Hi Nyall,

I agree - these are valid reasons not to replace the open source FGDB
driver with the closed source one.

However - I wonder if there would be a way to support both drivers? The
Open Source driver as default for reading. And the FGDB driver for
writing?

Note that I don't want to encourage usage of FGDB  - I am no fan either.
But it would be nice if we could write them in case a client demands
delivery in FGDB format - which can be the case in some contracts.

Thanks for keeping the discussion going.

Andreas