[QGIS-Developer] GeoPackages with constraint problems

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Aug 8 22:07:10 PDT 2018

Thanks Even,

Executing PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON sounds interesting, one thing we'll
then need to check on the relation editing end is that we make proper
use of deferred foreign key constraints.

What do you think about the way to go concerning handling broken files?
The current situation is that there's very limited information for a
user concerning the problems and it requires advanced sqlite skills to
investigate and fix those problems. I am a bit worried that this might
impact overall acceptance of gpkg.

* It looks like the error message is around (since it's in the message
log), so that's mostly a visibility / UI problem
* There is no clear "path of action" for a user. It would be nice to
offer to open the dataset anyway when that happens. Is it possible to
prevent OGR from running the PRAGMA foreign_key_check?

Matthias