[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] CAD and QGIS - Working with archaeological sites

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:45:39 PDT 2018

Hi Calvin,

Not sure it is exactly what you need, but I would have a look at two
plugins Olivier Dalang wrote some time ago
https://github.com/olivierdalang/VectorBender
https://github.com/olivierdalang/RasterBender

He is the original author of the advanced digitizing panel as a plugin.
These are QGIS 2 but it should not be a great effort to port them.

Cheers
Denis

Le ven. 10 août 2018 à 03:18, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 at 11:11, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks!!! That is a good idea to use the layout panel.
> >
> > The advanced digitizing panel was the piece that I was missing. Yes the
> tools in QGIS 3 are much better.
>
> This is certainly a novel task to do in QGIS. I'd love to see a write
> up/case study/blog post detailing your experiences after you've
> finished!
>
> Nyall
>

> > On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:49 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> somewhat transparent, and then interactively drag and resize it on the map
> somewhat like Google Earth? When you don't really have anything to
> reference the image to you can't use georeferencer.

> transparency and then try to fit it somewhere.

> file. Then you can add it back, and use georeferencer on the original image.
> >>
> >> Actually if you save the world file you shouldn't need to use
> >> georeferencer - it should be placed in the correct place immediately
> >> after loading in QGIS.

> >> Just to add to this - the digitizing tools in QGIS are very powerful
> >> now (especially with the new shape digitizing toolbar in 3.0, and the
> >> Advanced Digitizing dock. I'd go with that approach as doing it in the
> >> GIS means that it's inherently spatial data - vs doing it in CAD,
> >> which means you've gotta manage the spatial reference manually.
> >>
> >> Nyall

Denis Rouzaud
denis at opengis.ch  <denis at opengis.ch>
+41 76 370 21 22