[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Portable installation for Windows

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Mon Aug 20 09:54:52 PDT 2018

Hi, Jürgen and Alex!

Thanks for your help!

Running qgis.bat by itself doesn't help, I needed to run "qgis.bat
--postinstall" like etc/postinstall/qgis.bat does as you pointed out, it
updates the env file (and doesn't run QGIS), then indeed qgis exe can run.

Is there any compilation that takes place during are installation process?
(python modules?) or it just extracts and runs etc\postinstall\*.bat and
than renames them to etc\postinstall\*.bat.done ?
Meaning, the installation folder on would be the same on different machines
(apart from the env files)?
Are there any CPU specific optimizations taking care during the
installation?

Best Regards,
Idan