[QGIS-Developer] WG: Problems with MS SQL Server 2010 and QGIS 2.18.x / 3.2.x

Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de
Wed Aug 22 02:03:42 PDT 2018

Hi devs,
sorry about cross-posting, but I can't get an answer to my question via the QGIS user-list. Maybe one of you knows some advice.

I have big problems loading MS SQL Server 2010 data with QGIS 2.18 and QGIS 3.2.2. Up to version 2.14 there were no problems. With 2.18 QGIS crashes after a few steps (zooming, moving, identifying etc.) with a minidump. Here I could reduce the behavior a bit, after disabling the option "Draw layers with many CPU cores in parallel". Nevertheless, access does not function completely smoothly. Especially during intensive, longer work with the data, there are repeated crashes.

Under QGIS 3.2.2, productive work is not possible at all. The MS SQL data can be added to the project, but QGIS crashes after just one or two steps:

h2. Report Details

*Crash ID*: d50d83a29ac44e157473e46561c73b8f0eb7bc28

*Stack Trace*
<pre>
RtlEnterCriticalSection :
SQLAllocHandle :
SQLGetStmtOption :
SQLGetStmtAttrW :
sourceSelectProviders :
sourceSelectProviders :
sourceSelectProviders :
QgsVectorLayerFeatureIterator::QgsVectorLayerFeatureIterator :
QgsVectorLayerFeatureSource::getFeatures :
QgsVectorLayerLabelProvider::registerFeature :
QgsMapRendererCustomPainterJob::doRender :
QgsMapRendererCustomPainterJob::staticRender :
QgsRenderContext::segmentationToleranceType :
QThreadPoolPrivate::reset :
QThread::start :
BaseThreadInitThunk :
RtlUserThreadStart :
</pre>

*QGIS Info*
QGIS Version: 3.2.2-Bonn
QGIS code revision: commit:26842169e9
Compiled against Qt: 5.9.2
Running against Qt: 5.9.2
Compiled against GDAL: 2.2.4
Running against GDAL: 2.2.4

*System Info*
CPU Type: x86_64
Kernel Type: winnt
Kernel Version: 6.1.7601

Does anyone have similar problems with MS SQL data?  I would be very grateful for any hint or tip.

Thank you and kind regards
Burghardt

Stadt Wolfsburg
Geschäftsbereich IT - 15-3 GIS
Rathaus E, Zi. E 313, Porschestraße 47A, D-38440 Wolfsburg
Tel +49 5361 28-2531
Fax +49 5361 28-1765
mailto:burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de