[QGIS-Developer] Popup window within Processing crashes QGIS

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:38:35 PDT 2018

I have an algorithm that during execution gathers information from the data
and then pops up a window for the user to select what the user would like
to do.

Is this possible in the Processing framework? I have tried doing this in
processAlgorithm and it crashes QGIS. Here is how I call the popup window.

        fieldsDialog = SelectionDialog(self.tableFeatures)
        fieldsDialog.exec_()
        items = fieldsDialog.selected

Here is the beginning of the SelectionDialong class.

class SelectionDialog(QDialog, FIELDS_CLASS):
    def __init__(self, feat, parent=None):
        super(SelectionDialog, self).__init__(parent)
        self.setupUi(self)

Prior to Processing I passed in iface.mainWindow() as the parent. Is there
a proper parent in Processing to pass? Perhaps this is the reason it is
crashing.

class SelectionDialog(QDialog, FIELDS_CLASS):
    def __init__(self, iface, feat):
        super(SelectionDialog, self).__init__(iface.mainWindow())
        self.setupUi(self)

Thanks,

Calvin