[QGIS-Developer] How to deal with time delay in QgsProcessingAlgorithm?

Nils Nolde nilsnolde at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:42:31 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,

Ok, I wasn't sure if they're being executed in another thread by default.

Then it is weird. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary I guess.
I'm calling the client from within the algo
<https://github.com/nilsnolde/OSMtools/blob/345f9dce7893453baa80e22067fabdd17852e5ea/ORStools/proc/isochrones_proc.py#L164>'s
processAlgorithm() and the client sleeps on exception here
<https://github.com/nilsnolde/OSMtools/blob/345f9dce7893453baa80e22067fabdd17852e5ea/ORStools/core/client.py#L161>.
But even when it's not sleeping and only requesting, it's freezing the app.

The algo from the branch in the links above works (not much else though
atm), in case anyone wants to see it in action. There is an API key in
that branch, so all ready to go. Will delete the key soon of course. If
you try: best on a (single geometry) point layer with > 200 points.

Anyways, hope someone can clear up the mystery.

Thanks
Nils