[QGIS-Developer] IFC data in QGIS?

Loïc Bartoletti lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org
Wed Dec 12 05:04:14 PST 2018

Hi,

IFC is the exchange format for BIMs. At this time, GDAL/OGR cannot read
this format. Some may wonder about the need to read this format in a
GIS, personally, I think it is an evolution of our tools for BIM/GIS
convergence.
However, to answer the question, unless I am mistaken, it is not
possible to read an IFC file in QGIS. However, one solution may be to
use FreeCAD with its Arch module to open this file and export it in a
format that can be read by QGIS, including Qgis 3D.

Loïc Bartoletti