[QGIS-Developer] Marker line y offset

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:38:18 PST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 04:41, magerlin <MAP at ramboll.dk> wrote:

> Me too - I have always found it strange but thought I have misunderstood
> something?

Good point -- this can't be changed till 4.0 though, as it would break
API. I've made a note of it at
https://github.com/qgis/qgis4.0_api/issues/89.

> I have also always wondered why the default line width is 0.26 mm and not
> 0.25.
> I guess it is 1/10th of an inch, but since we are talking mm, why mess it up
> with inches?

It's probably a historic thing -- maybe Gary Sherman set these
defaults back in the early days of QGIS and was using imperial sizes.

Does anyone have any good reason why we should leave this as default?
Is there something I'm missing?

Nyall