[QGIS-Developer] build error on: #elif QT_CONFIG(process) ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Dec 20 05:03:46 PST 2018

On 12/20/18 1:38 PM, Peter Petrik wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> sorry for complications, I have added this macro to allow QGIS build on
> iOS. I can try to compile later, but the error message suggest that the
> C preprocessor macro "QT_CONFIG" is not defined. on my PC it is defined
> in header qglobal.h, which should be part of QT core library. So I
> suspect A) you do not have the header included (so best to include it
> directly) or B) the header on the machine is old (but that would be
> strange that you can compile full QGIS)

Hi Peter,

No worries, no stress :-)
Thanks for your reply.

I do have qglobal.h, but there is no QT_CONFIG in it:

$ grep QT_CONFIG /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h
$ <nothing>

Qt version too old?

Debian Strech (9.6) on a server without X/Wayland (I think)

$ qmake --version
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.7.1 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

$ make --version
GNU Make 4.1
Built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516

But it is strange, as our daily debian package builds for stretch seem
to be ok ? ...

Ah:
5.7
https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/5.7/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h

NO QT_CONFIG
5.8
https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/5.8/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h
yess

So what is the minimal Qt version we do?
Stretch should be possible to build yes?

Regards,

Richard