[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Feb 1 03:01:10 PST 2018

Il 01/02/2018 10:16, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:

> code already here:
>  - grass https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7
>  - saga https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/saga
>
> Only small updates are needed to turn it into plugins. I can turn them
> into plugins and
> publish if there is an agreement about this approach. Then I will be
> happy to transfer
> ownership to any interested person.
>
> Some documentation about adding new algorithms to GRASS provider can be found
> in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/grass7.txt,
> but it is slightly outdated. Same approach used for SAGA.

I agree that, in case we decide to follow this route, publishing a first
version of the providers and having a reasonably complete documentation
on how to proceed is crucial for the future of the providers.
All the best, and of course thanks Alex and others for your work on this!
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu