[QGIS-Developer] How are Featured Plugins Chosen?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:33:31 PST 2018

Hi,

Agreed with Tom about qgis2threejs not being replaced by QGIS 3D.

One thing I think could also help to better identify the most used plugins
by the community is reviewing the stats shown. I mean, some plugins have a
lot of versions, meaning that a user might have downloaded many times the
same plugin (sometimes, twice in a month) but afaict, the stats shown is
the sum of all versions. This can also mislead users because you think that
the bigger user base the better a plugin might be.
We should either show:
- the maximum of the downloads (all versions included )
- the mean of all (stable) downloads
- or the latest version download (or the max between the current and the
previous version)
This way, it'll also be fair for the plugin authors that thoroughly tested
their plugins before releasing it as stable, hence have few number of
versions (and less multidownloads to count). And there will be more chance
for turnover at the top when sorting the plugins list by number of
downloads or looking to the most popular list.

my 2cts,
Harrissou