[QGIS-Developer] Broken 'randomness' for new layer styles?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Feb 3 01:04:57 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,

Great idea to improve those random colors! This could also be a function
instead of a palette in my opinion. I even guess it already is, since I
think qgis stopped using very dark random colors a while ago.

I think those colors should be:
- not too dark (too close to black)
- not too close to grey
- not bright yellow, since this is the selection color

Another thought here, for polygons I find myself changing the standard
black outline to a darker and opaque version of the fill color. And
often I prefer using a transparent fill color cause it makes it much
easier to viewing results on the background map. Could this be the
default or an option?

Or should I just wait for qgis 3.2 and add create a palette for this? :)

Regards,
Raymond