[QGIS-Developer] Saving New Map View(s)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Feb 3 01:23:17 PST 2018

On 03-02-18 09:38, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/02/2018 00:44, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
>> No, you're correct. Closing the view deletes it and removes it from
>> the project. What would you suggest happens here?
>
> IMHO this ends up in erasign user data without warning, which is a
> serious bug. A warning before closing could suffice.

Yes, I agree: only warn the user 'if you close this view, it will not be
saved in your project' or something like that.

The alternative: 'remembering closes/invisible views' in the project
file is doomed to give problems I think. It is like an old bug we had
earlier: removing layers from the layers list still had the providers in
the project file, so you saw your project firing requests to wms's which
you deleted earlier as file ...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde