[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 06:48:33 PST 2018

Hi all,

I followed silently all the thread.

I know all the difficulties and efforts to maintain different providers
in QGIS, even "just" GRASS and SAGA.

Having a so big number of 3 part algs not QGIS natives is, IMHO, one of
the strength of QGIS. Many users tells that they can run all this
algorithms by only learn a single GUI.

I think removing them from core (even if I PERFECTLY understand devs
options) could have a negative impact for all the users outside.

What also about all the beautiful tests (GRASS still there I think and
SAGA temporary turned off because something of Travis)?

Could it be a chance to leave them within QGIS by extending the number
of tests?

Also all the translation works done until know could be lost?

As I said, just my 2cents

and of course, thanks for all the super work and effort put into this issue.

Cheers

Matteo